We are a geeky writing team! We love reading books and comics too.
A.J. Low is a husband-and-wife writing team of Adan Jimenez and Felicia Low-Jimenez. They write the best-selling Sherlock Sam series of children’s books. Their books have won the International Schools Libraries Network’s Red Dot Award 2013-2014 and the Popular Readers’ Choice Award numerous times. Sherlock Sam has been published in North America, Indonesia, Turkey, South Korea, and Myanmar. An animated series is also in the works.
Adan Jimenez was born in the San Joaquin Valley in California to Mexican immigrant parents. He became an immigrant himself when he moved to Singapore after living in New York for almost a decade. He has worked for comic book stores, book stores, gaming stores and even a hoagie sandwich shop once. He loves comics, LEGOs, books, games (analog and video), Doctor Who and sandwiches. He currently works in the video game industry.
Born and raised in Singapore, Felicia Low-Jimenez has been a geek for most of her life and has written a lot of fanfiction. She was a bookseller and now works in comics publishing. She spends most of her free time reading, napping, and eating chocolate. If she leaves the house, it’s usually to go to a bookstore.
- 2013-current – Sherlock Sam series (Singapore: Epigram Books, 2013; Indonesia: Buah Hati, 2015; Turkey: Nemesis Kitap, 2015; North America: Andrews McMeel Publishing, 2016; South Korea: Hansol Soobook, 2019; Myanmar: Hsu Pyae Sone Htun Publication, 2020)
- 2014 – Near & Dear: Stories for Children from Australia and Singapore (Singapore, Australia: WritingWA)
- 2012 – Twisted Journeys: Hero City by Adan Jimenez & Evonne Tsang (North America: Graphic Universe)
- 2018 – Ada’s Adventure by Felicia Low-Jimenez & Josephine Tan (Singapore: Difference Engine)
- 2020 – A Book of Hugs: Empty Inside by Felicia Low-Jimenez (Singapore: Closetful of Books)
- 2021 – Call and Response 2: A Singapore Migrant Anthology: Hong Kong 2008 Nueva New York 1979 (Singapore: Math Paper Press)
Meet Adan & Felicia!
We play a game called “Who is more likely to!”